Top 10 Vastu tips for your home
Home is where the heart is. We look for being at our own home, be it at end of a long day or early in the morning. In home person seeks coziness, solace and good memories with family. Our home is so important to us, that’s is why we always concerned about safeguarding it from all the negative energies surrounding us. According to several traditional beliefs, each house has its own energy type but it is very important to have homes that exude positive energy.
Here are some simple but effective tips which can help you to secure you and your family from all the negativities:
- Light lamps, diyas and incense at home each evening and morning. This performs as a cleanser and drive away the negativity or any evil eye.
- Keep in mind that the kitchen should be built in the south-east corner of the house. The north-west corner is another best option. Still, make sure that the gas stove is placed in the south-east direction.
- Immune your kitchen against all iniquities. Always keep the medicines away from the kitchen, because kitchen indicates health and happiness, and medicines indicate otherwise.
- According to Vastu, there should not be any mirrors in the bedroom. But if you already have a dressing table or a wardrobe mirror, you must cover it with a curtain while sleeping. And also make sure that the mirror is kept away from the bed, as it leads to ill health and family discords.
- Plants are great energy-givers, but not all of them fill the home with positivity. So avoid the plants like cactus and rubber plants inside the house which produce milk, as they obstruct the stability and harmony of the house.
- Use wind chimes as the tinkling bells, it helps in breaking the negative energy and help the positive energy to flow easily, as well as it’s an gorgeous decision for home decorations.
- Swastik is the holy symbol for wealth and prosperity. It is favorable to use Swastik symbols in house. Draw the Holy symbols like Swastik and OM on the outer side of your main door daily and place Holy Water (Ganga Jal) in the dark and unused corners of the house and change it weekly.
- Most of the people like to store unnecessary stuffs but apart from taking up space, they also carry negative energy. So always keep your house clutter free, so that will helps in bringing positive energy and wealth in your home.
- Wooden furniture is supposed to give harmony on the family, so always choose wooden furniture for your home over modern contemporary materials. It works better when the furniture conforms to regular shapes like rectangular, circular or square.
- Bright colors exude positive vibes for home. Colors like brown, almond are recommended for the master bedroom. Avoid dark shades especially if you are newly married. Colors like yellow, pink, orange, offers happiness and peaceful environment.
Follow these vastu tips and bring all the prosperity and cheerfulness to your home.