“The current scenario of real estate requires government intervention and support. It is likely to see a decline in the price of flats and property”
Work From Home Scenario.
- It is possible for lot of employees to not visit the office and still be productive.
- In RBL corporate office, it is found that it is enough that only 30% staff stay in the office. Others can be connected from homes. This leads to lesser commute expense, stress of the commute, time wasted, etc.
- Parents can take care of children more effectively when WFH. There can be dark hours when no calls will be made, etc
As per a McKinsey survey of entrepreneurs released few days ago, 53% of Indian entre-preneurs are optimistic, while only 25% of Japanese entrepreneurs are optimistic. It seems to be a mild U-Curve for the Indian economy. But the descent has not stopped yet.
India seems to have supressed the curve so far. It looks like it might escape the worst of the pandemic, but will have to be cautious about it.
- Possibility of W Curve – i.e. There is a good chance of re-occurrence of the virus, which could see a possibility of regular lockdowns. Businesses need to plan accordingly.
- Capital will look for countries that are less battered. Western economies are badly bat-tered while countries like India, Indonesia, etc are not so battered. Global Capital could flow into India, if we can act efficiently to pull it.
- Emotional and Economic backlash against China is expected. Already, countries and companies are working on strategy to pivot away from China as part of their supply chains. Japan Govt has announced packages for it’s companies bringing back manufacturing home. Businesses need to keep this in mind and work accordingly.