The Vastu Shastra is the Hindu Vedic science of Architecture. The Vastu Shastra considers the astrological placement of the surrounding bodies and planets with respect to Earth during the construction. In terms of natural Science it can be deals with the gravitational forces, rotational influences and magnetic effects to bring balance between the man, building and nature. It also considers where the building is located, the site’s and the building’s shape, the direction of the face of the building, the position of doors, windows, and the building’s actual design.
According to Shastras, if we worship, revere and respect the lords of these eight directions, they will shower on us their blessings and benefits.
- Esshan ie Ishwar (North-east) – He grants us wisdom, knowledge and serve all comforts and relieves us from sufferings.
- Indra (East) – He is the king of angels. He gives wealth and all pleasures of life.
- Agni/Fire (South-east) – He gives us beautiful personality and all the best of life.
- Yamaa or Yamaha (South) – He is god of death. He is embodiment of dharma. He eradicates evils and grants all good things.
- Nissan or Niruti (South-west) – He vanishes fear about our enemies.
- Varun (West) – He is god of rain. He showers his blessings through rain and brings prosperity and pleasure in life all round.
- Vayu/Wind (North-west) – He bestows on us long life, health and strength. He is the basic of all life.
- Kuber (North) – He is god of wealth. He grants us wealth and all comforts of life.
Vastu is such a vast field which really needs specialization if someone wants to study it. There are some basic favorable and unfavorable directions which we use in our daily life.
- Shapes of plot – Favourites are regular shaped square or rectangular plot and irregular shaped plots are normally avoided.
- Water-bodies – Water bodies in north or east are considered good.
- Obstruction – Obstruction like big trees, open well, pillars and posts before an arrow like roads are to be avoided. building .
- Ideal site – In a square plot the house should be constructed in the for house centre and in rectangular plot it should be nearer to construction south, south west and west sides preferably leaving more in a plot open space on north and east.
- “L” or Considered not suitable for house as corners will be “U” shaped missing and occupants will be missing opportunities. Plots.
Vastu Shastra is followed in
order to bring health,
wealth and prosperity